Scroll down to the bottom of this page to print it, email or share. Events are free, unless otherwise indicated.
- 25th First Night Alexandria Festival. 6 p.m. – Midnight. King Street, Old Town Alexandria. $30 – $35.
- New Year’s Eve Party. 6:30 p.m. Cocktails, dinner, band and party. Knights of Columbus, Arlington. $60 per person.
- 22nd Watch Night Festival. 7 p.m – Midnight. Falls Church City.
January 1 – January 5, 2020.
- Meadowlark’s Winter Walk of Lights, Meadowlark Botanical Gardens, Vienna, VA. is open, including New Year’s Eve and New Year’s Day. More than 500,000 LED lights and displays transform the gardens into a winter wonderland. Special theme nights and discounts. $8 kids; $13 adults.
- Bull Run Festival of Lights. Bull Run Regional Park, Centreville. 5:30 p.m. – 9:30 p.m. Two and half mile drive-through light display and walk-around winter carnival and Holiday Village with attractions, s’mores and Santa Claus. $20 – $25 per car; 15 or more passengers, $50. This attraction is open New Year’s Eve and New Year’s Day.
- Seasons Greenings at the U.S. Botanic Gardens Washington, DC. Model train and amazing flower displays. This attraction is open on New Year’s Day.
- Zoo Lights National Zoo, Washington, DC. 5 p.m. – 9 p.m. More than 500,000 environmentally-friendly LED lights transform the Zoo into a winter wonderland. Lit animal silhouettes, musical light displays. This attraction is open on New Year’s Day.
Wednesday, January 1, New Year’s Day. Happy New Year! Welcome, 2020!
- New Year’s Day 5K. 10 a.m. Reston Town Center.
Monday, January 6, Epiphany. The last day of the Christmas festival.
Cool Yule Tip: French-style King Cakes traditionally eaten on Epiphany are available for sale at La Madeleine bakery.
Thank you for joining Cool Yule for the holidays! See you in November 2020!